Please follow me here!

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Champlain College Saint-Lambert Flashback Assignment: Creative Writing - Dialogue Practice

This is a quick practice exercise on three different types of dialog I had to use as my professor discussed it in class. I can't remember what they were, but I'll share with you a comment what they are when I have the info.





"Because that's the way it is, Lisa. Now can you go and put the dishes away?" asked David, in a serious tone. He was sitting in the dining room.
            Lisa came up close to him. "Ugh, I had enough of this, Dave! There is something that's making you go out of your head and having you take a decision that coincides with me. What is it with you, my lover?!" shouted Lisa.
            "Lisa, can you please get a grip of yourself? You know that you have someone who loves you and wants to keep our relationship strong. Then again, I still felt it was okay for me to do this, "cried David.
            "Yes, but a lover is supposed to tell the truth, not take on some random direction and be so defiant to a question. What sort of treatment is this? Until you tell me the truth, I'll start to hate you even more," said Lisa in a disciplinary tone.
            "Fine! I took some of your money that you were to use to go buy groceries, to play a bunch of arcade games down the street, especially SpyHunter where it's so phenomenal compared to the other games. I mean, we're in 1985; can't you see the golden age already?" answered David.
            "Darn you, David!! Why didn't you take the decision to go at a later time? Now that you've left the financial problem on me, I expect you to pay a big price on this," responded Lisa. She was so upset that she flicked her rug down to the floor of the kitchen. “Now that we don’t have any food in the house, what are we going to do?”
            “We could go buy a 12-foot Chicken Ranch and Bacon at Subways...” suggested David.
            “David, we can’t do that. We are expected to pay our taxes tomorrow, and I still wasn’t able to fill out the tax forms yesterday. Additionally, you took some of my proposed money we was going to use to get a darn patio set as well as pay off expenses on my university education,” responded Lisa in an aggregating way.
            “Tax forms, patio set, university education, groceries, ya-da-ya-da-ya-da. What sort of budgeted person are you, woman?” asked David.
            “What?! How could you say a question like that?!” screamed Lisa. “That’s the worst thing I’ve ever heard from you, David. You think I don’t care about this? You think I can run around with you and being foolish like those high school students who don’t do their homework and they lack self-esteem?! That’s it. Get out of my house!”
            “No, Lisa. I am actually going to take you on a trip to the beach, even if it’s night time,” replied David. “I want to take you a journey through the black darkness by a surprise.”
            “You are not going to kill me! You are going to get out of my house if it’s the last thing I do!!” yelled Lisa.
            “Fine! Why don’t you listen to me?!” shouted David, as he walks out of the house and slams the front door.


I would really appreciate if you could please make a donation, because I want to pay the expenses needed to start running a crowdfunding campaign.
 Click here to follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheAspergerComputerGregDes
 Please follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/GregoryDes
You can also follow me on Instagram! @gregpdesig

Google+ Followers

Popular Posts by Gregory